Information About Malaria
We Have to Know about the Malaria
- Malaria is an associate communicable disease caused by a parasite that’s transmitted by mosquitoes. The unwellness leads to repeated attacks of chills and fever, and it will be deadly
Could be dangerous, if the answer is YES for any one of the following questions
- stepladder type of fever?
Causes of Malaria
- Malaria will occur if a dipteran infected with the Plasmodium parasite bites you. There are four forms of protozoal infection parasites which will infect humans: Plasmodium, P. ovale, P. malariae, and P. falciparum
- P. falciparum causes an additional severe type of the illness and people World Health Organization contract this manner of protozoal infection have a better risk of death. An infected mother also can pass the illness to her baby at birth. This is known as congenital malaria
Malaria is transmitted by blood, therefore it may be transmitted through:
- an organ transplant
- a transfusion
- use of shared needles or syringes
Do’s of Malaria
- Do Use repellent. /DoWear protective clothing/Do Use netting.
Signs & Symptoms of Malaria
- Moderate to severe shaking chills
- High fever
- Profuse sweating as body temperature falls
- The general feeling of unease and discomfort (malaise)
Medical advice for Malaria
- If you develop associate unwellness with fever whereas living during a protozoal infection-endemic space or at intervals twelve months once traveling to an insecure malaria region. See your doctor as soon as possible.
Risk factors of Malaria
- people who have very little or no immunity to protozoal infection are most in danger for serious unwellness. young children and infants who have yet to acquire any immunity are at risk, a pregnant woman is more vulnerable than other people
Treatment for Malaria
- Malaria will be a serious condition, especially if you’re infected with the parasite p. falciparum. Treatment for the illness is often provided during a hospital. Your doctor can order medications supported the kind of parasite that you simply have.
- In some instances, the medication prescribed might not clear the infection thanks to parasite resistance to medication. If this happens, your doctor may need to use more than one medication or change medications altogether to treat your condition.
- Additionally, bound forms of protozoal infection parasites, such as P. vivax and P. ovale, have liver stages wherever the parasite will board your body for associate extended amount of your time and activate at a later date inflicting a relapse of the infection.
- If you’re found to own one amongst these forms of protozoal infection parasites, you’ll be given a second medication to prevent a relapse in the future.
Self-care for Malaria
- Mosquito repellents
Investigations for Malaria
- sample (smear) of blood for observation under a microscope. Two blood samples, taken at six- and 12-hour intervals, will typically make sure the presence of the Plasmodium vivax and its sort.