Information about Chest Injury
We Have to Know about the Chest Injury
- The chest contains important structures like the heart, lungs, blood vessels, liver, spleen etc.
Causes of Chest Injury
- Falling of heavy objects on chest
- Stab/perforating injuries
- Building collapse
Signs & Symptoms of Chest Injury
- Pain (In contusions, rib fractures)
- Abnormal chest movements
- Cold limbs
- Cyanosis- Blue discoloration
Medical advice for Chest Injury
- Early consultation if pain and chest wall is moving abnormally
- If breathlessness, abnormal chest wall movement, shock, and cyanosis are present then seek emergency consultation.
Self-care for Chest Injury
- Penetrating wound- Cover it with a hand or a cloth
- Shift the patient immediately to the hospital for proper care.