Information about Emotional Problems In Love – Intervention
We Have to Know about the Emotional Problems In Love – Intervention
In one-sided Love:
- If the person you Love is in your Environment (near your home, work or other places), try to acquaint her/him by talking in general or neutral fashion first.
DO NOT RUSH !! DO NOT PROPOSE AT THIS STAGE.
- Continue these preliminary steps until you get a feeling that he/she is receptive to your declaration of your LOVE.
- Generally writing a letter expressing how much he or she Loves the other party may be a beginning!
- While writing a letter, be sure to include your postcard-sized photo, preferably in color. Give your Height and weight particulars. Tell your color: Fast/dark, medium fast, medium-dark etc. Also, tell what you do for the living. Indicate your social, religious and financial status, your profession, current occupation, interests, hobbies, your goals in life and depicting your personality may win the other party.
- Be HONEST. Any misleading will endanger your future relationship.
- Failing which, using a mediator, if available is an alternative.
- Indicate your social, religious and financial status, your profession, current occupation, interests, hobbies, your goals in life and depicting your personality may win the other party.
- You can ask to meet you or let you meet you to explain how much you love the other one, what your interests, hobbies, your goals are in life and what sort of personality you are—Social, friendly, outgoing, ambitious / Home loving etc.
- If the above steps do not work and if they have mute points, both of you can opt for face to face counseling with trained professionals in the field (psychologist/psychiatrist/ Medical Social Worker), to sort out the disparities/problems.
From the RESPONDER’S side:
- You may accept if you like him/her.
- If you are not decided what to do: Ask for some time to think about it.
- If you do not like: Be neutral and tell that you would like him/her as an acquaintance or a just a friend.
- If you do not like the other party:
- Tell diplomatically without offending others either you have already made a choice OR it will not work out at all.
IF YOU GET REPEATED CALLS / LETTERS, TELL THEM FIRMLY THAT YOU ARE NOT AT ALL INTERESTED & IF IT CONTINUES IT WILL BE TREATED AS “HARASSMENT” AND HE is REPORTED TO POLICE.
- When a Boy / Girl tells you that he/she is rejected by the other person and that he/she is depressed and thinking of suicide, your intervention should be:
- Persuade the person to go for face to face counseling with a professional: Trained Psychiatrist/psychologist/ MSW.
- Have a friend or a relative, who is nearby, to take the responsibility to take that person for counseling.
- If the party does not agree or if there is no friend nearby the caller, call 108 to take her/him to an Emergency Room of a Hospital, where there is at least a psychiatrist.
If the caller is not suicidal but only depressed:
- Ask the specific reasons for being depressed and persuade him/her to allow some time to pass to recover from depression.
- Encourage the caller to focus on more important tasks/topics that need his/her attention.
- Go for a holiday with his or her best friend if possible & encourage the caller to ventilate his / her feelings in front of the friend.
- If that person says that he/she is very depressed ask him/her to seek face to face counseling with a professional.
If depression is for a long time (more than a week), ask him/her to see a psychiatrist.
- If a male & a female are already in love, but their parents / Elders are not approving due to disparities noted before (Social, religious, economic, educational, age and the physical appearance).
- Suggest having intermediaries to sort out their objections. Intermediaries can be your parents/uncles/ aunts / best friends even priests (Pundits!)
- The party (Parents / Elders) who are not approving the marriage/relationship should be impressed on them that the times have changed now and the social barriers are disappearing and that both the boy & the girl are very much in love and want to marry. It will make them happy; otherwise, they will be miserable.
- Bring the point home to parents/elders that both the parties are adults and capable to make their own decisions. But, they respect their parents and want their (parent’s) blessings.
- If this does not work allow some time. Over the times your parent’s thinking may change. Try not to rush them, lest it should spoil the whole game!
OR, IF BOTH OF YOU ARE ADULTS AND REALLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER, YOU SHOULD DECIDE BETWEEN YOUR PARENTS AND YOUR LOVER.
THIS IS YOUR DECISION!
IF YOU THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH YOUR LOVER, GO FOR HIM / HER.
In the case of Health, Addiction & other personal problems:
- Suggest counseling with Doctors, Geneticists & Psychiatrists. (If you have concerned professional in your HMRI service you can transfer the call to the respective professional).
- The person who is addicted to substances / Alcohol should agree & promise to get:
- De-addiction and stay dry throughout their relationship/marriage.
- He/she should be warned that any breach of the promise will jeopardize their relationship.
- If the person has a criminal record, ascertain if it is a minor or a major one!
- If major one thinks twice or thrice if you want to continue your affair. Maybe Lawyers can help you to guide you in this regard.
In Sagothram (same Gotham) Hindu tradition does not approve as their Moola Purusha (forefather) is the same one.
EG; Angeerasa Gothra: Rishi Angeerasa is the moola purusha=forefather.