Information about Food Poisoning
We Have to Know about the Food Poisoning
- Food poisoning is the result of eating organisms or toxins in contaminated food.
- Most cases of food poisoning are from common bacteria like Staphylococcus or E. coli.
Could be dangerous, if the answer is YES for any one of the following questions
- Did the symptoms follow the eating of mushrooms or shellfish?
Causes of Food Poisoning
- Staph aureus
- E.coli enteritis
- Mushroom poisoning
- Bacillus cereus
- Fish poisoning
Do’s and Don’ts- Food Poisoning
- seek the doctor
Signs & Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Diarrhea (may be bloody)
- Fever and chills
- Weakness (may be serious and lead to respiratory arrest, as in the case of botulism)
- A headache
Medical advice for Food Poisoning
- Any symptoms of the above are observed
- Risk factors Food Poisoning
- Most at Risk. Listeria, the third leading cause of death from food poisoning, targets pregnant women and their babies, people with weakened immune systems, and those 65 years or older.
Treatment for Food Poisoning
- May need intravenous fluids and medicines
Self-care for Food Poisoning
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration
Investigations for Food Poisoning