Information about Height Stature
We Have to Know about the Height Stature
- Weight standards exist but height standards do not.
- Genes & race play a vital role in determining your height.
- Compare your height with your parents and blood relatives.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle in teenage helps you to achieve your greatest potential height.
- Growth stops at the age of 21 years.
- Avoid trying ‘height increase’ supplements (available in the market) without the guidance of your physician.
Causes of Height Stature
For abnormal short stature
- Nutritional deficiency in childhood & adolescence.
- Chronic or recurrent infections in childhood & adolescence
For abnormal large stature
- Pituitary or thyroid or adrenal gland endocrinal disorders
- Genetic Causes
Medical advice for Height Stature
- Delayed development of secondary sexual characters (Delayed Puberty)
- Marked height difference when compared to other blood relatives of the same age, before 15 years.
- Once 21 years has crossed, one can not get improvement in height, but a major underlying cause can be identified for preventing complications.
Treatment for Height Stature
- Depends on the cause
Investigations for Height Stature
- Hormonal Tests
If your age is less than 15 years the following measures may help you to improve your height:
- Eat a well balanced and nutritious diet. It is your diet that will provide you with energy and regulate the biological function responsible for increasing height.
- Do stretching exercises :
- Stand in attention.
- Take a deep breath and stretch your arms over your shoulders.
- Hold the position for few seconds and then slowly bring down your arms as you exhale
- Physical activities like running and Yoga postures like Konasanas, Trikonasana, and suryanamaskar (They are stretching and stress relieving exercises). Consult Yoga training center for the yogasna steps.