Home Remedies for Abscess
- If the abscess is small (less than 1 cm or less than a half-inch across), applying warm compresses to the area for about 30 minutes 4 times daily can help.
- Do not attempt to drain the abscess by pressing on it. This can push the infected material into the deeper tissues.
- Do not stick a needle or other sharp instrument into the abscess center because you may injure an underlying blood vessel or cause the infection to spread.
- 3o drop echinacea tincture
- 6o drop.a yerba mania tincture
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine all the ingredients. Take up to five times per day to stimulate the immune system and help eliminate the infection.
Topical wash for skin and gum abscesses
- 1 to 2 teaspoons barberries
- 1 tablespoon white oak bark
- 1 teaspoon echinacea root
- 1 teaspoon granulated Oregon grape root
2 cups boiling water
Combine the herbs in a glass container. Pour the boiling water over the herbs and soak for 3 to 4
hours; strain. Use three times a day as a wash. If you are using this tea to treat a gum abscess, be
sure to swish the liquid around in your mouth for several minutes before spitting it out.
Dietary guidelines for abscess
- Drink at least ten 8-ounce glasses of pure water daily until the abscess heals.
- Eat plenty of steamed leafy green vegetables and sea vegetables to ensure a
good supply of vitamins and minerals needed for healing.
- Eat fresh pineapple. Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, which is very
effective at reducing inflammation.
- Eliminate from your diet all fried foods and anything containing refined
sugar, which slow healing.
Nutritional supplements for abscess
- Blue-green algae contain many trace minerals that are needed for healing and that are
missing in the average diet. Take 300 milligrams two or three times daily.
- Colloidal silver is a liquid mineral supplement that fights infection. Take 10 drops three
to four times daily
- If you must take antibiotics, restore the body’s “friendly” bacteria by taking a probiotic
supplement, such as acidophilus and/or bifidobacteria, as recommended on the product
label. If you are allergic to milk, select a dairy-free formula. Colostrum is another
effective probiotic that can be taken on a rotating basis with acidophilus and
bifidobacteria. Take 300 milligrams three times daily, between meals.
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids improve the immune response and help to reduce
inflammation. Take 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C three to five times daily and 500
milligrams of mixed bioflavonoids three to four times daily.
Herbal treatment for abscess
- Cat’s claw enhances the immune response and has antibacterial properties. Take 500
milligrams of standardized extract three times a day until the abscess clears.
- Echinacea and goldenseal have antibacterial properties and also boost the body’s natural
immune response. They are helpful for fighting virtually any type of infection. Take one
dose of an echinacea and goldenseal combination formula supplying 250 to 500
milligrams of echinacea and 150 to 300 milligrams of goldenseal three to four times daily for up to one week.