Skip to content
Home remedies for Acidity and Gas
- Use elder bark, hops, and willow for acidosis.
- Externally, apply ginger compresses to the kidney area.
- Eat a diet of 50 percent raw foods. Raw foods not only maintain the correct acid/alkaline balance within the body,but they are also richer in nutrients that are easily assimilated into the body. Recommended foods include apples, avocados, bananas, bilberries, blackberries, grapefruit, grapes, lemons, pears, pineapples, strawberries, and all vegetables. Fresh fruits, especially citrus fruits and vegetables reduce acidosis. Start with small amounts of citrus fruits and gradually add larger amounts.
- Chew your food slowly, and do not overindulge. Make sure food is mixed well with saliva to form a liquid consistency before swallowing. Do not drink fluids during meals.
- Prepare cooked foods with care. Maintain clean working surfaces and wash vegetables and fruit. Keep meat and vegetables separate—you can contaminate vegetables with bacteria from raw meat. Do not overcook vegetables, as this makes them lose not only their flavor, but also their nutritional value. Eat processed foods in moderation only. They are low in nutrients and overexert the digestive system. Both cooked and processed foods tend to make the body more acid. Also avoid eating late at night, as this makes the body work more on digestion and less on restoration.
- Drink potato broth every day.
- Avoid animal protein (especially beef and pork), as they lead to acidity.
- Avoid beans, cereals, crackers, eggs, flour products, grains, oily foods, macaroni, and sugar. Plums, prunes, and cranberries do not oxidize and therefore remain acid to the body. Avoid these until the situation improves.
- Since excess vitamin C may lead to acidosis, reduce your intake of vitamin C for a few weeks. When taking vitamin C, use a non-acid-forming (buffered) variety.
- Heartburn and indigestion can be the result of food di gesting poorly. If you suffer from heartburn, taking small swallows of a teaspoon or two of natural cider vinegar in a glass of water may be of some help. It may cause a burning sensation when you swallow it, but then, in approximately twenty minutes, you should feel relief. If the cider vinegar method works, this may indicate that you lack suffficient acid in your stomach and the cider vinegar compensated for this insufficiency. In this case, consider taking digestive enzyme supplements containing hydrochloric acid (HC1). Stomach acid is important for breaking down food, and also prevents germs from irritating the intestines.
- Check your urine pH daily using pH paper.
- Drink as much butter milk as you can for 2 days, your acidity cures easily. This is an very beneficial homemade home remedy for acidity.
- Daily eat curd rice at least once in a day keeps away from acidity.
- Drink one glass of ragi (finger millet) java before going to work daily will get rid of acidity forever.
- For instant acidity relief drink one glass of Lassi.
- When you have more acidity, drink 1-2 liters of Luke warm water with a pinch of salt at a time in the morning empty stomach and try to vomit as much as possible. AT the the end you feel sourness in the mouth which means you are throwing away the acid. Or you can just drink a glass of water just before brushing and try to take it out just after brushing.
Anti-gas tea 1
- 1 teaspoon dried angelica root
- 2 teaspoons peppermint leaves
- 1 teaspoon bee balm leaves
- 1i cup boiling water
Combine the herbs in a container. Take one tablespoon of the herb mixture and cover with the boiling water; steep for zo to 3o minutes; strain. Take as needed.
Anti-gas tea 2
- 2 teaspoons bee balm leaves
- 2 teaspoons peppermint leaves
- 2 teaspoons chamomile flowers
- 1 cup boiling water
Combine the herbs in a container. Take one tablespoon of the mixture and cover with the boiling water; steep for 3o minutes; strain. Take as needed.