Home Remedies for Ageing
- 1/2 cup Ginkgo biloba tea
- 1/2 cup ginseng tea Combine the ingredients. Take one-third of a cup three times daily.
Ginkgo is known to improve memory, while ginseng can boost energy levels.
- 5 drop cayenne tincture
- 3o drop burdock tincture
- 15 drop goldenseal tincture
- 1/2 cup Slippery elm teacup warm water. Combine all ingredients.
Take 2 to 3 tablespoons three times per day to improve circulation.
- Lifespan is ultimately determined by the fact that cells can only replicate a certain number of times a genetically predetermined cut-off point that prevents physical immortality. Understanding this, most researchers still believe that humans should live 120 years or more. Why then is the average lifespan hovering around age 70? We deteriorate mainly due to damage from free radicals, produced as a byproduct of normal metabolism, or created by various toxins, pollutants, allergens, heavy metals, etc. Additionally, 75% of Americans are not getting enough free radical fighting antioxidants, such as vitamin E, selenium or even vitamin C. These are quickly used up under stress, while hormonal, immune and neurological imbalances further accelerate aging.
- A number of herbs are highly prized and renowned for their anti-aging and longevity-promoting effects. Science has extensively verified that these complex plant medicines have the definite ability to prolong the duration and quality of life. Many of these antiaging herbs are adaptogens and tonics, normalizing metabolic, hormonal and neurological systems and stimulating cellular regeneration. Others have more focused effects on the brain, heart or immunity. They are safe for long-term use and disease prevention.
- Ashwagandha- Withania somnifera Tonic that slows aging, rejuvenates tissues throughout the body. Clears the mind, strengthens the nerves, promotes restful sleep. Improves memory, cholesterol, sexual ability; lessens hair graying.
- Fo-Ti- Polygonum multiflorum Chinese tonic herb that promotes longevity, strengthens the blood, improves vitality, sexual vigor and fertility and can reduce hair graying. Lowers cholesterol, improves arteriosclerosis, regulates blood sugar.
- Garlic- Allium Sativa Protects the nervous system, improves brain function, memory, learning. Prevents/treats arteriosclerosis, reduces clotting, lowers cholesterol. Increases lifespan in animal tests; inhibits viruses, bacteria, parasites.
- Ginseng- Panax ginseng Rejuvenating, stimulating adaptogen, yet helps calm nerves, increases vitality; reduces exhaustion; increases stamina, speeds wound healing. Enhances immune system; balances metabolism and stress response.
- Gotu Kola- Centella Asiatica Rejuvenating, longevity herb in the Ayurvedic and Chinese traditions. Increases intelligence, memory, creativity, learning ability, reduces mental fatigue. Strengthens nervous system, adrenals, and immune system. Improves wound healing, reduces scar tissue, increases circulation.
- Green Tea- Camellia sinensis High in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and flavonoids and especially polyphenols; decreases cellular and tissue damage incurred with aging. Protective against cancer, heart diseases and is an immune stimulant.
- Hawthorn- Crataegus oxycantha Heart and circulation tonic; normalizes blood pressure, heart rhythm. Slows aging process protects connective tissue and blood vessel walls. Reduces atherosclerosis, helps adaptation to physical and mental stress, protects against radiation, improves digestion and assimilation.
- Licorice- Glycyrrhiza glabra Traditional Chinese longevity herb; stimulates adrenal glands, balances and conserves cortisol and energy during stress. Anti-inflammatory. Has potent antioxidants that protect the digestive tract, liver and other tissues from the damaging effects of aging. Inhibits atrophy of thymus.
- Maca- Lepidium meyenii Ancient Peruvian herb that increases vitality, strength, and stamina. Invigorates libido and is a sexual restorative in both men and women. Alleviates signs of decreasing hormones in middle age and menopause.
- Reishi- Ganoderma Lucida A traditional “elixir of immortality” in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Treats a wide range of conditions, including heart disease and cancer. Normalizes blood pressure, cholesterol, platelet stickiness. Enhances immune and liver health, helps indigestion, eases tension, improves sleep.
- Rhodiola- Golden Root/Rhodiola Rosea Increases immunity, prolongs lifespan, increases exercise capacity. Clears toxins, strengthens the nervous and digestive system. Reduces fatigue. 16. Siberian Ginseng- Eleutherococcus senticosus Called the “king of adaptogens,” has a wide range of vitalizing effects. Increases hearing, improves eyesight, supports immunity and stress adaptation. Increases mental and physical work capacity.
- Suma- Pfaffia paniculata An adaptogen that is antiviral, antibacterial and immune stimulating. Increases muscle mass, protein production, overall physical endurance. Balances hormones, reduce blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides. Reduces fatigue, promotes liver and kidney regeneration, skin healing.
- Empty the contents of 3 Vitamin E capsules into a small bowl. Add to this 2 tsp plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the face using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse.