Home Remedies For Bloodshot Eyes
- Application of cold compress over the closed eyes also brings good results. Pouring 2-3 drops of rosewater in the eyes has also been found very effective in the treatment of these disorders. One can also apply the hot and cold compresses alternatively on your eyes. One can make a mixture of rose water, milk and Aloe Vera juice, soak a cotton pad in it, and put this pad on the eyes for 20 minutes.
- Vitamin A is very necessary for a healthy vision. Take Vitamin A. 25,000 international units daily for two weeks.
- Eat spinach and take Lutein or spinach extract because they contain carotenoid needed for retina and eye tissue.
- Take a Vitamin B complex. About 100 mg. of each B vitamin 3 times a day has been shown to releive the B vitamin deficiency that leads to bloodshot eyes.
- Use raspberry leaves to make a tea and when cool, soak a piece of cotton and apply it to the eye.
- Using Eyebright herb in drops is excellent for bloodshot eyes. This plant can be use internally and is much more effective than commercial eye drops and safer.
- Cayenne it’s an anti inflammatory for the mucus membranes Use very small amounts well diluted or in an eye drop form.
- Take Ginkgo biloba. It increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the eye.
- If you have allergy from something abstain form this allergen while you are having blood shot eyes. If your eyes become dry you should apply some artificial tears that are without any preservative. During the course of this disorder you should refrain from wearing contact lenses. One should cover the eyes, as it is increases the likelihood of bacterial and viral infections.