Skip to content
Home Remedies for Bronchitis
- An effective home remedy for bronchitis is the mixture of dried ginger powder, pepper and long pepper taken in equal quantities of a quarter teaspoon three times a day with honey. The powder of these three ingredients have anti -pyretic qualities and are effective in dealing with fever accompanied with bronchitis. They also tone up the metabolism of the patient.
- Onion has been used as a home remedy for centuries in bronchitis. It is said to possess expectorant properties. It liquefies phelgm and prevents its further formation. The intake of half a teaspoon of raw onion juice first thing in the morning will be beneficial in such cases.
- American and Siberian ginseng are especially good for the lungs. They clear bronchial passages and reduce inflammation. Important: Do not use American ginseng if you have high blood pressure or any other heart problem.
- Both American ginseng and Siberian ginseng clear the bronchial passages and reduce inflammation.
- A soup prepared from drumstick leaves is also highly beneficial in the treatment of bronchitis. This soup is prepared by adding a handful of leaves to 150 ml. of water which has been heated to a boiling point. The water is allowed to boil further for five minutes. It should then be removed from fire and allowed to cool. A little salt, pepper and lime juice may be added to this soup. This drink should be taken first thing every morning.
- Bromelain in tea form; it helps liquefy and decreases bronchial secretions; It also prevents the progression of bronchitis and sinusitis. Take 250 to 500 mg. 2 to 3 times a day between meals.
- Coltsfoot relieves acute congestions and hoarseness. Take only over the course of one week then discontinue. Make a tea in one cup of water and take 3 times a day.
- Lobelia breaks up bronchial congestion and stops wheezing. Take 500 – 1,000 mg capsules 3 times a day. Use only for two weeks and discontinue.
- Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic that destroys bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It also promotes faster healing. Take as directed on the label, alternating one week on and one week off.
- Chicory or endive is another effective home remedy for bronchitis. The powder of the dry root of this herb should be given in doses of half a teaspoon mixed with one teaspoonful of honey thrice daily. It is a very useful expectorant in chronic bronchitis.
- Pycnogenol removes dangerous substances and protects the lungs. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Take Quercitin-C 500 mg 3 times a day. It is used for allergic bronchitis, it has an antihistaminic effect.