Skip to content
Home Remedies for Burns
- First degree burn can be treated by home remedies. Second and Third degree burns need immediate attention to doctor
- Applying beaten egg on the burns cures it.
- Apply ice packs to the burnt area for 10-15minutes.
- Alovera is highly effective in treating burns. So apply alovera gel on the burnt area.
- Applying papaya fruit over the burnt area helps in curing burns.
- Apply olive oil or sunflower oil on burns. This heals the scalds, blisters.
- Apply liquid paraffin or petroleum jelly on burns. This reduces cracks in skin and prevents infection.
- Wrapping the burnt area with plantain leaf is a common method of treating burns
- Applying extract of onion juice over the burn. This relieves pain.
- Immerse burnt area in cold milk .this soothens the wounded area.
- Applying lotions containing vitamin A or vitamin E helps in healing the wound caused by burns.
- Apply Colloidal silver this is a natural antibiotic and disinfectant if the burn is very painful, use in spray.
- Apply a lotion made with vitamin A.
- Take Vitamin C w/ bioflavonoids this is an antioxidant needed for the formation of collagen. Studies have shown that high doses of vitamin C are very necessary.
- Take vitamin E needed to prevent scarring.
- Plantain leaves is a popular remedy for treating burns. These green weedy plants grow practically anywhere in the world with sufficient water. Just don’t confuse this plantain with the banana-like vegetable of the same name. Hit the leaf with a small hammer, enough to smash just a little bit the plant than wrap the affected area with the leaf.