Skip to content
Home Remedies for Cataract
- Prepare a mixture of equal proportions of aniseed powder and coriander seed powder. Mix it with an equal weight of unrefined sugar. Take it in doses of 12 grams every morning and evening. It is beneficial for people with cataract. For people with weak eyesight, taking a mixture of the juices of raw parsley and carrots in a glassful amount everyday will provide great benefits.
- Mix 1 cup of rose petals.
- 4 tbsp. of raspberry leaves.
- 4 cups of boiling water. Let the ingredients rest for 30 minutes, strain and use as eye wash.
- Use Eyebright herb in drops is excellent for cataracts, this plant can be use internally and is much more effective than commercial eye drops and safer.
- Immerse almonds in milk and keep them overnight. In the morning, mix this milk with sandalwood. Apply this on the eyelids. This reduces redness of the eyes due to exertion.
- Eat spinach and take Lutein or spinach extract Contains carotenoid needed for retina and eye tissue sometimes reversing cataracts.
- Vitamin A is very necessary for a healthy vision.
- Dusty miller used to dissolve cataracts and corneal opacities, if used in the early stages of the disease.
- Take Ginkgo biloba increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the eye and it clears toxins.
- Eat lots of green vegetables, specially spinach, kale and berries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries and fruits rich in Vitamin C and E.
- Avoid dairy products and saturated fats these produce free radicals which cause cataracts and damage to the lens.
- Do not use any antihistamines if you have cataracts.
- Bilberry Strengthens and protects veins and blood vessels, protects the retina, reduces pressure in glaucoma and can stop the growth of cataracts.