Skip to content
Home Remedies for Cholesterol
- People suffering from high Cholesterol should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day as it stimulates the activity of skin and kidneys thereby reducing excessive Cholesterol from the system.
- Regular physical exercises like bicycling, swimming, jogging etc are helpful in improving blood circulation and enhancing the good Cholesterol level
- Finely chopped Onion pieces mixed with a cup of Buttermilk along with half spoon of Black pepper (Kali mirch) taken regularly helps in reducing bad Cholesterol level.
- Mix 1 tsp. of roasted chicory root. 1 tsp. of lime flowers. ½ tsp. of fenugreek seeds. ½ tsp. of ginger rhizome. 1 quart of water. Boil all ingredients, let it cool, strain. Drink 2 cups a day.
- Eat Garlic or take 1 capsule twice a day. It lowers LDL cholesterol level in 12% and increases HDLs.
- Niacin is particularly helpful in lowering cholesterol. However, inositol hexaniacinate is an even better and safer form of niacin. Inositol hexaniacinate is composed of one molecule of inositol and six molecules of niacin. Inositol hexaniacinate has been used in Europe for over thirty years to lower cholesterol levels. Inositol hexaniacinate yields slightly better results than standard niacin and is better tolerated because it is flush free and doesn’t have any long-term side effects on the liver or blood sugar control.
- Chromium is vital in the synthesis of cholesterol, fats and protein. Chromium maintains stable blood sugar levels through proper insulin utilization and can be helpful for people with diabetes and/or hypoglycemia. Studies have shown that low plasma chromium levels can be an indication of coronary artery disease. Take 400 mcg. a day of chromium picolinate to improve HDL to LDL ratio.
- Taking Vitamin C with bioflavonoids 4000 mg. a day lowers cholesterol.
- Ginger reduces cholesterol and thins the blood improving circulation
- Guggul reduces LDL by 35% increases HDL by 20 % in 12 weeks, prevents arteriosclerosis. It performs better than many drugs in several studies.
- Eating unprocessed fiber rich wheat flour, whole wheat bread are rich in insoluble fiber which helps in flushing out oil from the intestine.