Skip to content
Home Remedies For Fever
- Drink as much water as you can in order to replace fluid loss. It will also help to bring down body temperature.
- Rest as much as possible.
- Avoid suddenly changes in atmospheric temperatures.
- Avoid eating solid foods until the fever is gone. You can replace the foods by drinking plenty of distilled water and/or juices.
- when you have fever do not take any supplement containing either iron or zinc. Taking iron causes great tension in a body that is fighting infection; and zinc is not absorbed by the body when you have fever.
- Take cool bathes, fill a bath tub, submerge and lay down for 5′ approximately. Repeat as needed until the fever is down.
- If the fever does not exceed 102 degrees let it run its course. It helps the body to fight infection and eliminate toxins. Eating of cumin seeds with jaggery (bellam) cures the fever, which is troubling you for a long time.
- Taking of 20 to 40 grams of holy black basil (Krishna Tulsi) leaves juice can cure fever. Holy black basil is a very good natural home remedy for fever treatment.
- Drinking of 30 to 80 grams decoction made with the roots of holy black basil (krishna tulsi) plant two times in a day can helps to cure not only common fever but also cures all types of fever.
- Fever Treatment with Datura
- Eating of 3 Datura (Ummetha) seeds three times in a day helps to cure fever. Datura is the very good home remedy for fever.
- Boiling root powder in water to prepare a concentrate (1 cup reduced to ½) could be taken, with a little sugar added, daily morning on the empty stomach.
- Prepare sharbat by boiling by some tamarind pulp in half liter of milk and adding some dates, cloves, sugar, cardamoms and a very little camphor. It lessens the fever.
- Use Peepal leaves as laxative and tonic. They relieve feverish feeling of coolness.
- The bark of Tamarind acts as an astringent, a tonic and it reduces fever. Use the bark as laxative. 16. Applying of small mustard seeds oil to the body is helpful for people who are suffering with dengue fever. Usually dengue fever effected people suffering with joint pains and pains in the legs and hands.
- When a child has fever do not give them aspirin, instead try to reduce the fever with cold baths.