Skip to content
Home Remedies For Fibromyalgia
- Astragalus and echinacea enhance immune function.
- Black walnut and garlic aid in removing parasites.
- Boswellia is excellent for morning stiffness and joint pain.
- Teas brewed from burdock root, dandelion, and red clover promote healing by cleansing the bloodstream and enhancing immune function. Combine or alternate these herbal teas, and drink 4 to 6 cups daily.
- Calendula or rosemary oil (or a combination of the two), diluted with an equal amount of water or vegetable oil and massaged into the skin, helps to relieve pain.
- Topical applications of cayenne (capsicum) powder mixed with wintergreen oil can help relieve muscle pain. Cayenne contains capsaicin, a substance that appears to inhibit the release of neurotransmitters responsible for communicating pain sensations. cayenne powder to 3 parts wintergreen oil. Cayenne can also be taken orally, in capsule form.
- Put 4 to 6 ounces of ginger powder into a moderately hot bath. This will induce sweating and help remove toxins from the body. Drinking hot ginger tea will have the same effect.
- Ginkgo biloba improves circulation and brain function.
- Kava kava decreases anxiety and elevates the mood.
- Licorice root supports the glandular system, especially the adrenal glands. Caution: If overused, licorice can elevate blood pressure. Do not use this herb on a daily basis for more than seven days in a row. Avoid it if you have high blood pressure.
- Milk thistle protects the liver.
- Pau d’arco, taken in tea or tablet form, is good for treating candida infection.
- Skullcap and valerian root improve sleep.
- White willow bark is good for relieving pain