Skip to content
Home Remedies For Fungal Infection
- Most fungal infections can be controlled and treated, even though the procedure may take some time. In many cases, your health care provider may ask you to take some medicines and apply an antifungal soap, powder, cream or ointment, to speed up the healing process. In addition to that you could also use several home remedies, which help in controlling the overgrowth of the fungi in your body.
- Apply some clove powder or clove oil directly on to the skin that is affected. Apart from alleviating the uncomfortable symptoms, this remedy also speeds up the healing process
- Tea tree oil is quite effective in treating yeast infections, athlete’s foot and ringworm. However, this oil is very strong and can have an adverse effect on the skin, if used incorrectly. For best results, dilute a few drops of tea tree oil in water and apply it on to the affected area.
- Soak your hands and feet in a tub of white vinegar, to cure nail fungus or an athlete’s foot. This remedy disrupts the pH balance of the skin, which in turn, interferes with the growth of fungi on the skin.
- Raw garlic is believed to have antifungal and antibacterial properties, which is why it is excellent in curing fungal infections. Apply some garlic extract or garlic puree on to the area that has been affected for getting rid of the fungus faster.
- Many individuals manage to cure a fungal infection using simple remedies, only to have the problem return after a few days or weeks. In case you notice this problem too, it is absolutely essential to consult a doctor at the earliest.