Home Remedies For Gout
- Make an ash by torching the “Indian Reed – Mace” leaves and mix this ash with sesame seed oil. Applying of this solution on gout effected area helps give relief and also helps to cure gout.
- As there is a saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. We can trust apple to keep also the Gout away. A person with gout complaints must eat at least one apple per day for obtaining relief.
- Drinking 6-8 ounces glasses of fluid a day not only reduces gout attacks a day but also wash out the urate crystals from the system and prevent you from developing kidney stones.
- Drink the half cup juice of French beans everyday for a month once or twice.
- Bananas are a good home remedy for curing Gout. Consume 3-4 bananas a day.
- One of the important home remedies to treat Gout is to soak a piece of white flannel cloth in warm castor oil and place it over the affected areas.
- Boil one tea-spoon of pepper in one cup of vinegar and one cup of water, dab this mixture onto the painful joint and leave it for 2-3 hours.
- GOUT TEA*
- 4 teavoons agrimony leaves
- 2 tablespoons queen of the meadow root
- 2 cups boiling water
Combine the herbs in a glass container and cover with the boiling water; steep for 3o minutes; cool and strain. Take half a cup, up to four times daily.
- GOUT TEA **
- 1 teaspoon burdock root
- 2 tablespoons dandelion leaves
- 1 cup water
Combine the herbs in a pan and cover with the water. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat; steep for 3o minutes; strain. Take up to one cup per day, a tablespoon at a time.
- Alfalfa is a good source of minerals and other nutrients that help to reduce serum uric acid. Take 2,000 to 3,000 milligrams daily in tablet or capsule form.
- Bilberry extract is a good source of anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins—powerful antioxidant compounds.
- Boswellia and turmeric (curcumin) have powerful anti- inflammatory properties.
- Apply cayenne (capsicum) powder, mixed with enough wintergreen oil to make a paste, to affected areas to relieve inflammation and pain. This may cause a stinging sensation at first, but with repeated use, pain should diminish markedly. Cayenne can also be taken in capsule or liquid form. 14. Celery seed extract contains numerous anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Try using chamomile, lady’s mantle (yarrow), peppermint, or skullcap, in either capsule or tea form.
- Devil’s claw and yucca can aid in relieving pain.
- Other beneficial herbs include birch, burdock, colchicum tincture, hyssop, and juniper.