Skip to content
Home Remedies For Leucorrhoea
- Amaranth is considered an excellent home remedy for leucorrhoea. The rind of the root of this plant should be rubbed in 25 ml of water. It should then be strained and given to the patient daily in the morning as well as in the evening. The root of this plant is, however, very susceptible to moths. Hence, care should be taken to see that it is not moth-eaten. In case the root is not available, its leaves and branches may be similarly processed and used.
- The use of lady fingers is another effective home remedy for this disease. A decoction of this vegetable is prepared by boiling 100 gm of the fresh vegetable, cut transversely, in half a litre of water for twenty minutes. It should then be strained and sweetened. This decoction, given in doses of 60 to 90 ml frequently, is beneficial in all irritable conditions of genito-urinary organs, including leucorrhoea.
- Fenugreek seeds are valuable in leucorrhoea. They should be taken internally in the form of tea, and also used as a douche. For a douche, the solution should be much stronger than tea. Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be put into a litre of cold water and allowed to simmer for half an hour over a low flame. The decoction should then be strained and used as a douche.
- The tender leaves of guava are beneficial in the treatment of this disease. An infusion of the leaves should be used as a douche. It acts as a powerful vaginal astringent.
- Mango seeds are valuable in leucorrhoea. A teaspoon of the paste of the decorticated kernel of mango can be applied inside the vagina with beneficial results.
- Water treatment is extremely beneficial in curing leucorrhoea. A cold hip bath taken twice a day, for ten minutes at a time, will help relieve congestion in the pelvic region and facilitate quick elimination of morbid matter. A warm vaginal douche at 30 C to 40 C is beneficial for general cleaning and elimination of the purulent discharge. The procedure is to fill the douche can with one and a half litres of warm water and hang it at a level of three feet above the body. The patient should lie with the hips slightly raised above the body level, and the special nozzle applied fur this purpose should be oiled and inserted slowly into the vagina. The flow can be regulated by the small valve of the nozzle. In several cases, the douche should be taken daily.
- Use the decoction of Babul tree bark as vaginal douche.
- A tablespoon Banyan tree bark powder and fig tree bark powder should be boiled in a
liter of water till it is reduced to about half. Douching with the lukewarm decoction will
keep the tissues of vaginal tract healthy.
- Soak tamarind seeds in water for a day or two and then pound it on a stone slab with
milk. Take this paste regularly.