Home Remedies For Nausea And Vomiting
- One of the good home remedies for nausea is consuming one to two tbsp of any noncarbonated syrup. This brings relief to the digestive system and so helps in nausea. Generally these syrups are having carbohydrates that help cooling down the stomach.
- Another one of the good good home remedies for nausea is ginger and its root. You can either go for two capsules of ginger or can go for the tea containing enough ginger in it. The ginger has capacity to increase the digestive fire according to Ayurveda. It also blocks up unnecessary secretion in the stomach that irritate the esophagus producing nausea
- Simple remedy that has been used since years is. don’t let the vomitus inside your stomach. You can put your washed fingers deep into the mouth and vomit the stomach content once
- Put some cloves into your mouth. You can also put cinnamon or cardamom instead of cloves. These spices serve the duty of anti-nausea drugs.
- Put a little piece of lemon with little rock salt added to it. This will cease your feeling of nausea. This is one of the simple home remedies for nausea.
- Certain drugs like slippery elm, red raspberry etc also help reducing the nausea. These are natural remedies for nausea.
- Another one of the good home remedies for nausea is apple cider vinegar. This is extremely useful especially for the pregnant lady. One can take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp of honey. Dilute this mixture in normal water and have it before you go to bed. 8. Wheatgerm is also favorable home remedy for nausea. For this, one can go for few tsp of wheatgerm mixed with milk hourly. This will help you in nausea and also in morning sickness.
- Treating nausea with rice water is time tested and trusted natural cure for nausea. One can boil ½ cup of rice in 1 to 1 ½ cup of water. When the rice is cooked, remove them and drink the residual water. This ceases the nausea. This is also one of the best home remedies for nausea.
- Cumin seeds are also considered to be best home remedy for nausea. Consume half tsp of grounded cumin seeds. This will help you to get rid of nausea.
- Nausea tea *
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger roo
- t 1 teaApoon yerba mama root
- 1 teaspoon peppermint leaves
- 2 cups boiling water
Combine the above herbs in a nonmetallic container and cover with the boiling water; steep for 3o minutes; cool and strain. Take as needed, a tablespoon at a time up to two cups a day.
- Nausea tea **
- 1 teaspoon catnip leaves
- 1 teaspoon chamomile flowers cup boiling water
Combine the above ingredients in a nonmetallic container and cover with the boiling water; steep for zo to 3o minutes; cool and strain. Take as needed.
- Cayenne-Capsicum frutescens
- Anti-inflammatory; relieves nausea, vomiting, gas, indigestion.
- Promotes digestion, warms the stomach and stimulates appetite
- Do not use in acute stages of inflammatory gastritis or stomach ulcer.
- Chamomile-Matricaria recutita
- Tranquilizing effects with action similar to drugs like Halcion, Valium.
- Reduces effects of stress-induced chemicals in the brain, while promoting healthy adrenal hormones (e.g. cortisol). Relieves pain, spasms.
- Also aids digestion, cramping, back pain. Promotes restful sleep.
- Cinnamon-Cinnamomum zeylandicum
- Relieves nausea, vomiting. Treats gastroenteritis, stomach flu, diarrhea.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal; expels gas, reduces spasms.
- Warming, astringent and stimulating to the digestion, reduces mucus.
- Cloves-Eugenia caryophyllata
- Relieves nausea, prevents vomiting. Reduces gastrointestinal spasms
. • Expels gas, bloating; antibacterial and antiviral, eliminates parasites.
- A few drops of the oil or infusion may be taken for quick nausea relief.