Skip to content
Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer
- It’s very important to follow a diet rich in fiber and low in fats. Eat steamed green vegetable like alfalfa, broccoli, and tomatoes. Sufficient rest and sleep is a must.
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi) is also beneficial for this ailment. It is an effective home remedy for stomach ulcer.
- Bamboo leaves are beneficial in the treatment of stomach problems.
- Take 30 grams of pure odourless castor oil with 250 grams of lukewarm milk. It is alos a good remedy for stomach ulcers.Eat small portions to avoid producing too much digestive acid, but eat frequently to keep these acids from attacking the stomach linings.
- Studies have shown that cabbage juice cures ulcers in less that ten days, prepare cabbage juice and drink one quarter a day divided in four doses (must be taken immediately after juicing). If you can’t tolerate the taste or odor of cabbage there is a Chinese remedy made with dried cabbage that has been used for many years with excellent results.
- For bleeding ulcers eat organic baby food and drink brown rice water to soothe the digestive system.
- Avoid milk, although it soothes the digestive tract and neutralizes stomach acid, it also stimulates the production of more acid, further irritating the ulcerated area.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol, citrus juices, sugar, hot and spicy foods, these substances irritate the stomach and encourage the production of gastric acid.
- Take 5000 IU of vitamin A four times a day, for six weeks, to heal the mucus membrane.
- Take vitamin E to heal the stomach linings.