Skip to content
Home Remedies For Rectal Abscess/Fissures
- Avoid constipation. Be sure and include enough fiber in the diet and drink enough water each day. The two, combined, will produce soft stools. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Do not scratch the area. Wipe yourself gently.
- Avoid diarrhea. An ongoing case of it can soften rectal tissue, so it is more likely to tear.
- Sit on something soft. A special pillow can be purchased in the drugstore.
- Fairly hot water on the area will relax and sooth it.
- If needed, place corn starch on the area after each bath, to keep it dry. Do not use talcum powder for this—or anything else. It can cause cancer. Talcum powder is rock dust.
- These swellings may be opened with a blade or by soaking it in hot sitz baths of 3%
- boric acid. A poultice of echinacea may be applied directly to the abscess, to disinfect and help bring it to a pointed shape, so it can be opened. Flush the opened abscess with 3% hydrogen peroxide, to clean it out and disinfect the wound.