Skip to content
Home Remedies for Rosacea
- Beta-carotene, which the body uses to make vitamin A, helps to strengthen capillaries and is healing for the skin. Take 25,000 international units twice daily.
- The B vitamins, especially vitamin B2 (riboflavin), are necessary for healthy skin, hair, and nails. Take a vitamin-B complex containing 100 milligrams of most of the major B vitamins daily.
- Vitamin C raises immunity, promotes healing, and strengthens connective tissue. Bioflavonoids are anti-inflammatory and help to strengthen blood vessels, and work with vitamin C. Take 500 milligrams of vitamin C with bioflavonoids three times a day
- Zinc also helps to heal the skin. Take 25 milligrams twice a day, with meals and with 1 milligram of copper.
- Flaxseed oil supplies essential fatty acids that help to reduce inflamma tion. Take 1,000 milligrams or 1 teaspoon three times a day
- Acidophilus and bifidus help to restore “friendly” bacteria. If you are taking antibiotics, take either of these supplements as directed by the manufacturer.
- Betaine and hydrochloric acid promote healthy digestion. If you suspect your stomach-acid levels are not high enough, take this supplement as directed by the manufacturer.
- Herbal treatment for rosacea
- Cat’s-claw extract helps to reduce food sensitivities by reestablishing a healthy intestinal environment. Take 500 milligrams three times a day. Caution: Do not take this herb if you are pregnant, nursing, or on blood thinners, or if you are an organ transplant recipient.
- Gotu kola extract promotes healing of the skin. Take 100 milligrams three times a day.
- Grapeseed extract is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, and helps in collagen formation. Take 50 milligrams three times a day.
- Some people with rosacea report that horse-chestnut cream or-rose-wax cream is helpful. Either of these products can be applied to the affected areas twice a day.
- Jigucao is a Chinese herbal patent medicine that may be very effective. Take 500 milligrams three times a day.