Skip to content
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
- Increase your liquid intake and make sure your house is humidified properly.
- Gargle with warm salt water (1⁄4 teaspoon salt to 1⁄2 cup water) several times a day. It is an effective home remedy for sore throat.
- Drink a glass of hot water with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and some honey. You’ll feel better instantly. You can also drink a chamomile tea with lemon and honey added. It is also a good remedy for sore throat.
- Cut a lemon into 2 pieces. Take one piece and put some salt and black pepper on it, press with a knife so that salt-pepper penetrates into the lime. Put the lemon on heat to make it warm. Slowly lick this lemon squeezing it until no juice remains. Do it 2-3 times a day.
- Chives and scallions are helpful for a sore throat when simmered in water for 5 minutes. Drink as a tea. It is also very helpful in sore throat relief.
- Figs, beets are beneficial in sore throat.
- Take echinacea this herb it’s antiviral and antibacterial, speeds healing,
- Horseradish is another herb that many use in the kitchen but it also has excellent properties to treat sore throat and upper respiratory tract infections, reduces fever, and expels concentrations of mucus.
- Use kava kava as a gargle for soothing and analgesic pain relief. Helps insomnia cause by coughing and sore throat.
- Myrrh is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, very powerful and excellent for a chronic sore throat. It acts also as an expectorant and decongestant. It helps cure gum disease.
- Barberry Tincture keeps strep from attacking the lining of the throat. Take 15-20 drops in 1/4 cup of water 3 times daily for 10 days.
- Garlic oil Relieves swallowing difficulties. Take 3-4 drops in 1/4 cup of water onces a day as Gargle.