Home Remedies for Toothache
The home remedies blends below are essential oil formulas you can prepare at home.
- Toothache Oil
- 1/8 ounce carrier oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- 4 drops chamomile oil
- 2 drops myrrh oil
- 2 drops peppermint oil
Place the carrier oil in a clean container and add the essential oils. Gently turn the container upside down several times or roll it between your hands for a few minutes to blend. Apply one drop on the aching tooth and the surrounding gum, as needed.
- The latest research has confirmed the bactericidal properties of onion. If a person consumes one raw onion every day by thorough mastication, he will be protected from a host of tooth disorders. Chewing raw onion for three minutes is sufficient to kill all the germs in the mouth. A toothache is often allayed by placing a small piece of onion on the bad tooth or gum.
- Eating a raw lime, along with the peel, can offer some much-needed toothache relief. The effectiveness of lime for toothaches can probably be best explained by its rich composition of vitamin C and the lower levels of acidity as compared to lemons.
- The use of asafoetida has been found useful in curing toothache. It should be pestled in lemon Juice and slightly heated. A cotton swab should be soaked in this lotion and placed in the cavity of the tooth. It will relieve pain quickly.
- Cloves have been used to treat toothaches since ancient times and are included as an essential ingredient in almost all toothache remedies. Cloves are in fact included as an ingredient in almost all toothpastes and are therefore still the most widely used ingredient in dental care. The effectiveness of cloves can be attributed to a compound called eugenol, which is present in cloves. Eugenol is a powerful anesthetic that also possesses antiseptic properties. This means that it not only offers toothache pain relief, but it also helps fight off germs that could contribute to an infection.
- Home remedies for severe toothaches work just like any other toothache medication or over the counter toothache medicines. Toothache remedies with salt water are quite popular as a home treatment for toothaches during pregnancy. Home remedies for toothache infections with oregano oil, garlic, clove oil, tea bags, and olive oil are also quite popular while pregnant.
- Toothache Compress
- 1 quart hot water
- 2 drops chamomile oil
- 1 drop peppermint oil
Pour the water into a two-quart glass bowl and disperse the oils in the water. Saturate a clean cloth in the water and apply the compress to your face near the aching tooth. Repeat as often as necessary.
- 8. Baby’s Teething Blend
- 1/8 ounce sunflower oil
- 1 drop chamomile oil
Add the chamomile oil to the sunflower oil and blend. Massage a drop into your baby’s
gums as needed.