Skip to content
Home Remedies for Women’s Health
- Treatment for breast cancer is decided by the doctor after discussion with the patient. The treatment will depend upon the stage of cancer, the age of the patient and individual preferences.
- In most cases, surgical intervention is necessary to remove the cancer cells.
- In addition, other treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy may also be employed.
- Alternative therapies such as acupuncture, massage and use of immunity-boosting herbs are known to help in providing relief from breast cancer symptoms. But these treatments should be used only after consultation with a doctor.
- The polycystic ovarian disease is usually treated with birth control pills as they help to correct hormonal imbalances and regulate the menstrual periods.
- Herbal treatments are known to help in treating polycystic ovarian disease. The herb Dong Quai is known to be beneficial in regulating the levels of estrogen and progesterone.
- Chaste tree is also helpful as it has a positive effect on the functioning of the pituitary gland.
- Saw palmetto may be used to control the growth of facial hair that sometimes occurs due to the disease.
- Osteoporosis treatment is aimed at alleviating pain, reducing bone loss and preventing fractures. The treatment may include medications and various lifestyle changes.
- Medication is focused on reducing the rate of bone loss and also controlling bone pain.
- Gentle exercises are also recommended for people with osteoporosis as it reduces the risk of sprains and fractures.
- Depression can be treated in various ways. Medications such as antidepressants are commonly prescribed for women with depression. It is essential to closely monitor individuals taking antidepressants. Treatment also involves:
- Psychotherapy, which consists of supportive counseling, cognitive therapy, and problem-solving therapy. In supportive counseling, the feelings of sadness and hopelessness are addressed. In cognitive therapy, pessimistic thinking patterns that lead to depression are dealt with. Problem-solving therapy involves teaching the individual coping skills so that she is able to make changes in the areas of her life which are creating stress and depression.
- Natural remedies for depression involve the use of herbs that help to relieve tension and stress. Herbs such as lavender and chamomile are known for their calming properties and may be consumed in the form of tea.
- Holy basil is also known to be beneficial in alleviating depression and may be combined with sage to prepare a stress-relieving herbal tea.