Information about Infertility in Female
We Have to Know about the Infertility in Female
- Infertility In Females Refers To The Inability To Conceive A Child.
- Infertility Or Failure To Reproduce Must Be Distinguished From Frigidity Which Denotes Failure To Perform The Sex Act Or Performing It Imperfectly.
- Primary Infertility Is The Term Used To Describe A Couple That Has Never Been Able To Achieve A Pregnancy After At Least 1 Year Of Unprotected Sex.
- Secondary Infertility Describes Couples Who Have Been Pregnant At Least Once But Have Not Been Able To Achieve A Pregnancy Again.
Causes of Infertility in Female
- Psychological Factors That Lead To Various Female Sterility Symptoms Are:
- Emotional Stress, Tension, Mental Depression, Anxiety, And Fear May Also Result In Psychosomatic Sterility.
- This Condition Is Generally Temporary And Can Be Corrected By Counseling
- Ovulation Problems, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Problems, Tuberculosis (TB) & Chronic Anemia
- Leucorrhoea And Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Menstrual Disorders
- Obesity Or Emaciation Due To Either Dietetic Errors Or Faulty Metabolism Contributes To Female Infertility.
- Rarely Sterility May Also Be Due To
- Developmental Abnormalities Of Essential Glands Or Organs Of Reproduction
- Endocrine Disorders Like Thyroid Diseases, Cushing’s Disease
- Other Diseases Like Diabetes, Kidney Disease
Do’s of Infertility in Female
- Have Sex During Fertile Period (10th-20th Day Of Cycle) For 3-6 Months
- Confirm Partner’s Semen Count, Whether Normal Or Not.
Medical Advice for Infertility in Female
- If Not Conceived Even After One Year Of Active Married Life (Having Sex Regularly) Without Using Any Contraceptive Methods.
Risk Factors of Infertility in Female
- Aged Women
- H/O Of Induced Abortion
- History Of Gonococci Salpingitis
- Abnormal Smell And Colour Of Vaginal Discharge, Pain During Ovulation, Pain During Sexual Intercourse, Pain That Occurs During Periods, Pelvic(Lower Abdominal) Pain & Low Back Pain, Nausea & Vomiting
Treatment for Infertility in Female
- Treatment For The Underlying Cause
Investigations for Infertility in Female
- Blood & Urine Test
- Ovarian Function Tests
- Special Procedures Like Hysterosalpingography And Laparoscopy
- Majority People Suffer From Psychological Stress Due To Delay. Stress, In Turn, Shows Adverse Effect On Fertility. Hence Priority Shall Be On Stress Relieving Aspects If There Are No Other Specified Causes Suspected.
- Stress Relieving Techniques :
- Travel To Resorts Or Pilgrims
- If Obese Reduce Weight
- If Very Thin & Malnourished: Nutritive Value Balanced Diet Is Suggested.
- Female Sterility Treatment Using Nutrients: Certain Nutrients, Especially Vitamins C, Folic-Acid And E, And Zinc, Have Been Found Helpful In Some Cases Of Sterility. A Woman Who Is Unable To Conceive Should Take 1000 Mg Of Vitamin C, 100 I.U. Of Vitamin E And 30 Mg Of Zinc Daily.
- Because Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Stds) Often Cause Infertility, Practicing Safer Sex Behaviors May Minimize The Risk. Gonorrhea And Chlamydia Are The Two Most Common Causes Of STD-Related Infertility.
- Stds Often Don’t Have Symptoms At First, Until PID Or Salpingitis Develops. These Conditions Produce Partial Or Complete Block Of The Fallopian Tubes And Lead To Decreased Fertility, Infertility, Or An Increased Risk Of Ectopic Pregnancy.
- Getting Diagnosed And Treated Early For Endometriosis May Decrease The Risk Of Infertility.