Information About Medical termination of pregnancy
We Have to Know about the Medical termination of pregnancy
- The medical termination of pregnancy Act of Govt of India enacted by the parliament in 1971 and became operative form 1972
Indications of Medical termination of pregnancy
- Continuation of pregnancy would involve serious risk to the life or grave injury to the health, whether physical or mental, of pregnant women.
- There is a substantial risk if the child was born he/she would suffer from physical or mental abnormalities
- Pregnancy from rape or pregnancy in the unmarried girl under age of 16 years
- Pregnancy from contraceptive failure.