Skip to content
Information about Stye
We Have to Know about the Stye
Could be dangerous, if the answer is YES for any one of the following questions
Causes of stye
- Bacterial infection
- Do’s and Don’ts
Signs & Symptoms of Stye
- Margin of the eyelid becomes painful, tender and red.
- A small pimple forms, the eye may tear a lot, and the child may complain of light hurting the eye.
- Foreign body sensation in the affected eye
Medical advice for Stye
- If the stye is:
- Large, painful, not settling
- Associated with red and swollen skin around the eye.
- Associated with a fever or drowsiness.
Risk factors of Stye
Treatment for Stye
- Local eye ointments or eye drops
- Minor surgery for chronic cases not reposinding to medicines
Self-care for Stye
- Hold a warm cloth on the eyelid with the eye closed.
Investigations for Stye
- Eye tests for refractive errors
- Lab tests to rule out diabetes