Information about Vasectomy
We Have to Know about the Vasectomy
- Vasadifferentia is the tubes through which semen from testes is conveyed to seminal vesicles.
- For certain purposes, the tubes can be blocked by the surgical operation- VASECTOMY.
- The operation has to occur on both sides.
- Recently a finer procedure- No SCALPEL VASECTOMY has come into vogue.
Could be dangerous, if the answer is YES for any one of the following questions
Causes of Vasectomy
- Family planning purposes
- During prostatectomy operation
Do’s and Don’ts of Vasectomy
Signs & Symptoms of Vasectomy
- When a family has two children and are willing to adopt a permanent
- Family planning operation for the male partner.
Medical advice for Vasectomy
- When a family decides upon family limitation and the male member wants to get operated upon.
Risk factors of Vasectomy
- Usually NO. But rarely pain, swelling, bleeding or infection can occur
Treatment for Vasectomy
- It is an elective operation and routine postoperative care is needed.
Self-care for Vasectomy
- A condom needs to be used during sexual intercourse, after the operation, till the sperm examination shows no sperm cell in the ejaculate.
- Rarely, if necessary a recanalization operation can be done to reverse the procedure.
Investigations for Vasectomy
- Routine preoperative evaluation.