Information about Warts
We Have to Know about the Warts
- Contagious viral skin benign tumors
- Become malignant in persons with impaired immunity
Could be dangerous, if the answer is YES for any one of the following questions
Causes of Warts
- The human papillomavirus
Do’s and Don’ts – Warts
- Good general hygiene and caution touching infected areas
- Signs & Symptoms
- Sharply demarcated, rough-surfaced, round or irregular, firm, light grey, yellow, brown or greyish-black tumors that measure 2 mm to 10 mm in diameter
Medical advice for Warts
- Warts increase in variety and size and cause embarrassment
- When a lesion changes in color or size
Risk factors of Warts
- Young people
- Skin trauma
Treatment for Warts
- Medication and surgery
Self-care for Warts
- An ointment containing salicylic acid can soften warts and dissolve them. The affected space ought to initial be soaked in heat water to melt the skin.
- Dead skin will be gently rubbed off with a face cloth or rock.
- Don’t traumatize the wart, as this may cause new warts.
- Apply Vaseline gel around the affected part